Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life's challenges. The science suggests these are skills - ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70's, or yoga in the 90's, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that's accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world's most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
Your mission is to grow a large and engaged podcast audience, managing all aspects of podcast marketing and cultivating strong relationships on behalf of Ten Percent Happier in the podcast industry.
What you will do:
Ten Percent Happier is building a podcast network with a portfolio of successful shows including Ten Percent Happier, Childproof, and soon-to-come More Than a Feeling. You will be integral in growing a highly engaged audience for these shows.
Some of your activities will include:
- Own the process of setting goals and forecasting audience growth, working closely with the Director of Podcast Strategy & Operations
- Oversee Podcast OKRs, leading colleagues from editorial, creative, and marketing to organize initiatives, define success, plan, and execute.
- Own audience tracking and reporting; drawing insights from the data and galvanizing the team around what’s working and what isn’t
- Collaborate with marketing and PR colleagues to engage existing TPH audiences and new audiences alike, with compelling narratives and thoughtful execution
- Utilize cross promotion with other podcasts to introduce TPH shows and build audiences. Build relationships to explore opportunities, negotiate, and manage execution for cross-promotion including drops, collabs, teasers, promo spots, etc
- Project manage the production of cross-promotion, paid media, and/or platform features - writing briefs, gathering specs, setting deadlines, and liaising with partners to deliver flawlessly
- Advocate for podcast marketing budget; building a case for investment or resources where necessary
- Evaluate and support discovery of new show concepts that support strategic vision
What does success look like?
- Develop and execute a number of successful cross promotions that contribute meaningful audiences within first six months
- Demonstrate ability to reliably own projects from start-to-finish, involving other teams when necessary to influence positive outcomes
- Manage outward to the TPH team to develop a robust understanding of our podcast strategy and results throughout the org
- 10x the audiences of newly launched podcasts in the next 12 months
What you will bring to the team:
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to identify market opportunities and rally the team around your vision, validating with research when needed. Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get in the weeds to make things happen
- Excels in developing new business relationships and nurturing existing ones
- Experience modeling growth in a new business, working with team to prioritize, set goals, create efficient processes, execute, learn, and optimize
- PR and partnerships experience in the entertainment space, having executed campaigns across multiple channels for digital/media properties
- Experience managing and executing complex projects involving internal and external stakeholders with quick turnarounds; problem solving, establishing frameworks for success and getting creative with solutions
- A connection to and knowledge of the podcast industry, bringing new trends and/or insights to your colleagues to inform strategy
Who you will work with:
You will report directly to Sarah Bidnick, Chief Marketing Officer.
You will work alongside Julia Wu, Allison Bryant, Toni Magyar, Jen Poyant, and Jeremy Helton
Why we think you’ll like working here:
- You’ll receive a $1,000 stipend to support your work from home set-up
- You’ll become a part of a growing company that is changing people's lives for the better
- We foster a culture that values clear and kind communication. We're passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- You will be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other's experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We’ll provide you with a competitive compensation package with equity
- You’ll be eligible for our full benefits package including traditional benefits like health and dental insurance as well as non-traditional benefits like meditation enrichment and DEI stipends
Our investment in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Ten Percent Happier seeks to help people become happier, more connected, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. We aim to cultivate a culture that is steeped in the values and practices that we promote through our products and media channels. We welcome the cultural enrichment that comes from diverse experiences in education, class background, age, culture, ethnicity, race, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, languages spoken, able-bodiedness, religion and beliefs. We are invested in creating a work environment that supports each of us in feeling valued and recognized for our unique contributions to what we collectively produce, and where we each feel a sense of belonging.
Ten Percent Happier is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any state or federally protected classes.