Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life's challenges. The science suggests these are skills - ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70's, or yoga in the 90's, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that's accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award-winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world's most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
Your mission is to work closely with our video team to proactively coordinate efficient video production of as well as audio-only meditation content with clarity, kindness, and accountability.
What you will do:
As a critical player on the content team, you will work closely with video team leadership, senior video producers, and senior meditation producers to:
- Develop, roll out, and execute production budgeting, cost tracking and accounting reconciliation processes and systems (and refine them as our team and production ambitions grow)
- Manage contractor, crew and vendor onboarding, payroll, invoice processing and expense approval
- Source, identify, negotiate rates and fees and book "best-in-class" crew and vendors drawing on strong industry relationships and deep Rolodex
- Maintain the company's crew database and vendor relationships
- Draft and maintain production and post-production calendars, comprehensive deliverable trackers, and the video team planning calendar
- Provide hands-on support through all phases of production, truly owning all production logistics and operations working closely with, but under the Senior Video Producer.
- Create and present wrap reports, participate in post-mortems and steer learning implementation across future projects
- Manage and track purchase orders and company production gear
- Serve as video team point of contact with TPH finance and operations groups to ensure general compliance with company and industry best practices
- Coordinate closely with internal stakeholders across the company as needed
- Partner with content team on exploring media organization and storage/archive solutions
- Work with teams to deeply understand content workflows and team needs
- Draft and maintain video team workflow documents
- Provide general admin support to the video team as needed
What you will bring to the team:
- A proactive, flexible, creative problem-solving attitude.
- A clear track record of success as a production manager with a thorough understanding of industry best practices relating to physical production, travel logistics, post-production, finance, accounting, insurance, and media asset management
- Deep crew Rolodex and strong industry relationships especially in the New York City area
- Excellent communication skills. You're not afraid to ask questions, are comfortable holding others accountable, and can easily distill a message down to its most important components.
- Team first attitude. You care about outcomes, wins or loses collectively, and are committed to helping your teammates succeed.
- Personal interest in and commitment to meditation and mindfulness.
Who you will work with:
You will report directly to Ben Newman, Managing Producer (https://www.linkedin.com/in/benjaminbnewman/).
You will work alongside Senior Video Producers, Jess Goldberg (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jessicagoldbergprofile/) and Cate Smierciak (https://www.linkedin.com/in/smierciak/), Senior Meditation Producers David Hart (https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidehart/) and Jade Weston (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jadekranz/) and Associate Producer Gemma Vardy (https://www.linkedin.com/in/gemma-vardy-b12b319b/).
Why we think you’ll like working here:
- We’ll support your work-from-home set-up with a $1,000 stipend
- You’ll become a part of a growing company that is changing people's lives for the better
- We foster a culture that values clear and kind communication. We're passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- You will be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other's experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
- We’ll provide you with a competitive compensation package with equity
- You’ll be eligible for our full benefits package including traditional benefits like health and dental insurance as well as non-traditional benefits like meditation enrichment and DEI stipends
Our investment in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Ten Percent Happier seeks to help people become happier, more connected, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. We aim to cultivate a culture that is steeped in the values and practices that we promote through our products and media channels. We welcome the cultural enrichment that comes from diverse experiences in education, class background, age, culture, ethnicity, race, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, languages spoken, able-bodiedness, religion, and beliefs. We are invested in creating a work environment that supports each of us in feeling valued and recognized for our unique contributions to what we collectively produce, and where we each feel a sense of belonging.
Ten Percent Happier is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any state or federally protected classes.