Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life's challenges. The science suggests these are skills - ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70's, or yoga in the 90's, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that's accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world's most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
Maintain and improve our backend technology and lead frontend development to support product initiatives, content management, and other business operations at an increasing scale.
What you will do
- Contribute to the core Rails app and lead frontend development across various product areas.
- Drive helpful conversations around technical issues and engineering practices, suggesting improvements and ideas as you see them.
- Develop new products and features. This will happen in 2 different ways:
- As a tech lead, working with product and design.
- Designing, reviewing, and coding as an individual contributor.
What you will bring to the team
- Developing and maintaining backend systems.
- Developing and maintaining web apps, ideally using React.
- Implementing UI leveraging HTML/CSS to layout and style components based on a style guide and design components.
- Designing and developing client-server applications.
- Working with a relational database, ideally PostgreSQL.
- Developing and maintaining an API, ideally using Rails.
- Providing mentorship and encouraging the growth of others.
- Bonus: Working with various testing frameworks, such as Rspec with Capybara
Who you will work with
Why we think you'll like working here
- We work in a brand new dog-friendly office in downtown Boston.
- You’ll become a part of a growing company that is changing people's lives for the better.
- We foster a culture that values clear and kind communication. We're passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- You will be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other's experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We’ll provide you with a competitive compensation package with equity.
- You’ll be eligible for our full benefits package including traditional benefits like health and dental insurance as well as non-traditional benefits. like meditation enrichment and DEI stipends.
Our investment in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Ten Percent Happier seeks to help people become happier, more connected, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. We aim to cultivate a culture that is steeped in the values and practices that we promote through our products and media channels. We welcome the cultural enrichment that comes from diverse experiences in education, class background, age, culture, ethnicity, race, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, languages spoken, able-bodiedness, religion and beliefs. We are invested in creating a work environment that supports each of us in feeling valued and recognized for our unique contributions to what we collectively produce, and where we each feel a sense of belonging.
Ten Percent Happier is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any state or federally protected classes.