Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life's challenges. The science suggests these are skills - ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70's, or yoga in the 90's, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that's accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world's most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
Your mission is to support our video team in all facets of in-house video production with clarity, kindness, and accountability. This temporary position will be full time for 3-4 months with a potential opportunity to extend.
What you will do:
As an agile and proactive team member, you will assist two video production teams with logistical, communication, clerical and administrative support. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Working with Associate Producer to craft and maintain a detailed production plan, from pre production through delivery, making sure nothing falls through the cracks.
- Assisting Production Manager in sourcing and communicating with vendors and freelance crew, booking and releasing guests, tracking expenses, maintaining budgets, and preparing accounting reporting.
- Assisting Associate Producer with production travel logistics, creating and distributing call sheets and other production communications.
- Assisting media management workflow.
- Managing, correcting, distributing and organizing transcripts.
- Post Coordination: Working with PM/AP to create and maintain post schedule, track and organize all media throughout the post process.
- Tracking and organizing final deliverables - both those generated by the video team as well as other teams throughout the company (graphics, meditation production, marketing, etc). You will own the maintenance of status and location of all deliverables throughout.
- Communicating with other teams within the company, distributing necessary assets from video to other departments and vice versa.
- Aiding in QCing videos, GFX, subtitles, etc for delivery.
- Supporting everyday needs of the department: working with the AP to coordinate internal scheduling among team members and across the company, booking meetings and calls - both internally and outward-facing. Taking notes during meetings, creating and following up on to-do’s.
- Updating and proactively maintaining inward and outward-facing production resources and documents. Expertly using Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, etc)
What you will bring to the team:
- 2-3 years experience in supporting all phases of production, post production, and working with various types of video assets and platforms.
- A proactive, flexible, creative problem-solving attitude and the ability to multitask and work with multiple dynamic deadlines.
- Acute attention to detail and high degree of organization, with an enthusiasm to design as well as maintain organizational systems.
- Ability and willingness to anticipate needs and solve everyday problems, particularly in the context of working with a remote team - creating solutions and soliciting review rather than requiring detailed instruction
- Ability to be nimble/agile in the face of setbacks and real-time changes inherent in a startup environment, finding solutions without compromising goals
- Clear, positive and efficient communication skills - sharing essential updates, speaking up when issues become critical and before they become emergencies, being resourceful when seeking answers.
Who you will work with:
You will report directly to Cate Smierciak, Senior Video Producer.
You will work alongside Associate Producer, Gemma Vardy, Senior Video Producer, Jess Goldberg, Managing Producer, Ben Newman, and Senior Meditation Producers David Hart, and Jade Weston.
Why we think you’ll like working here:
- You’ll contribute to a growing company that is changing people's lives for the better
- We foster a culture that values clear and kind communication. We're passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- You will be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other's experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We’ll provide you with a competitive compensation rate
Our investment in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Ten Percent Happier seeks to help people become happier, more connected, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. We aim to cultivate a culture that is steeped in the values and practices that we promote through our products and media channels. We welcome the cultural enrichment that comes from diverse experiences in education, class background, age, culture, ethnicity, race, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, languages spoken, able-bodiedness, religion and beliefs. We are invested in creating a work environment that supports each of us in feeling valued and recognized for our unique contributions to what we collectively produce, and where we each feel a sense of belonging.
Ten Percent Happier is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any state or federally protected classes.